Many people think that softball originated from baseball, the first game of the sport, which was actually born out of a soccer match. The history of softball dates back to Thanksgiving Day in 1887, when several alumni sat at the Farragut Boating Club in Chicago, Illinois, eagerly awaiting the results of a Yale-Harvard ball game. When Yale was declared the winner, a Yale alumnus playfully threw a boxing glove at a Harvard fan. A Harvard fan slammed the glove with a stick while the others watched as George Hancock, a reporter for the Chicago Chamber of Commerce, jokingly yelled, “Play the ball!” and the first softball match began with football fans using boxing gloves as a ball and broom instead of bats.
Today, softball is one of the most popular sports in the country, with an estimated 40 million Americans playing at least one softball game every year. Since it can be played on the field or indoor court, softball is played all year round. and includes teams with players aged 7 and under and some players over 60 years of age. Softball is sometimes played in major leagues, where both women and men play on the same team, but the rules are often revised to reduce physical disparities between companies and organizations.
Best Softball Bats for 7-Year-Old for 2022 Reviews & Guide [Top Quality Picks]
EASTON PINK SAPPHIRE -10 Girls / Youth Fastpitch Softball Bat | 2020 | 1 Piece Aluminum | ALX50 Military Grade Aluminum | Ultra Thin Handle | Comfort Grip | Approved All Fields, 28"/18 oz, Pink/White
- DESIGNED FOR THE YOUTH FASTPICH softball player that is just starting the game
- CONSTRUCTED OF ALX50 military grade aluminum for extended durability for long-lasting play
- ULTRA-THIN 29/32’’ handle with All-Sports grip for cushioned comfort in various weather conditions
- EASTON'S GEM SERIES BATS are unique and colorful that is sure to make your kid stand out in the batter's box
- IDEAL FOR THE YOUTH SOFTBALL PLAYER this ultra-lightweight youth softball bat will help players make better contact with the ball
- CERTIFICATION: Certified for play in ASA (USA), USSSA (FASTPITCH ONLY), NSA, ISA and ISF leagues
Athletico Youth Baseball Bag - Bat Backpack for Baseball, T-Ball & Softball Equipment & Gear | Holds Bat, Helmet, Glove | Fence Hook (Pink)
- STAY GAME READY WITH ALL YOUR GEAR IN ONE PLACE. PERFECT SIZE FOR YOUTH – Designed with room for all your baseball gear, our baseball bags store two bats, a youth baseball helmet, batting gloves, baseball cap, and catching glove. Don't settle for a bag that can't even fit your baseball helmet.
- BREATHABLE COMFORT TO MAKE CARRYING EASY AND VENTILATION TO KEEP THE STINK OUT – Each adjustable sports backpack boasts padded shoulder straps and lumbar protection, as well as a built-in ventilation for cooling comfort
- IMPROVED STORAGE – Along with a large main storage compartment, the Athletico baseball and bat bag has extra pockets to hold keys, smartphones, wallets and more.
- CONVENIENT ACCESSIBILITY – Bags also feature an integrated fence hook for the dugout, front bungee cord to quickly store hat or gloves
- RUGGED DURABILITY THAT WILL LAST FOR YEARS – Crafted with high-density 600 Denier Oxford fabric and polyester, our baseball bat bag withstands practice, tournaments and night games. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK
GoSports 7'x7' Baseball & Softball Practice Hitting & Pitching Net with Bow Frame, Carry Bag and Bonus Strike Zone, Great for All Skill Levels
- ULTIMATE TRAINING AID: Perfect for players of all abilities in batting practice, pitching, fielding, catching, and backstop use - spend less time chasing balls and more time honing skills
- FOLDABLE SETUP: Bow frame included, sets up in 90 seconds to huge 7-foot x 7-foot size with metal stakes to anchor the net, making it incredibly sturdy and stable; easily breaks down for transport in carry bag
- BONUS STRIKE ZONE ATTACHMENT: Includes bonus strike zone target for pitching drills to develop command on the mound
Franklin Sports MLB Youth Baseball Bag - Kids Baseball Backpack for Baseball, T Ball, Softball - Youth Baseball Bat Bag - Boys + Girls Equipment Bag
- LARGE STORAGE COMPARTMENT: Spacious main compartment holds Baseball helmet with face mask, batting gloves, fielding glove, cleats, and various accessories
- VENTILATION: Top side mesh ventilation allows breathability for airing out cleats and gloves after practice or game
- EASY USE FENCE HOOK: Convenient j style hook allows bag to hang on dugout fence for easy accessibility
- SUPERIOR PORTABILITY: Contoured, cushioned backpack style shoulder straps provide for easy transport, quick access dual bat storage holds two bats that are easy to grab when on the go
- CONVENIENT VALUABLES POCKETS: Top and front access pockets safely store keys, mobile phone, wallet, and small valuables. BAG SIZE 19. 25 inches x 14. 00 inches x 7. 25 incheses
Insider Bat Baseball Softball Batting Swing Trainer Hitting Training Aid Tool Device 07 (Ages 12 & Up)
- USED BY COACHES AND ATHLETES EVERYWHERE - The Insider Bat is an essential piece of equipment for players at every level. From major leagues, to little league, The Insider Bat reinforces the total swing for all skill levels.
- MUSCLE MEMORY TRAINING TOOL - Once a player starts hitting correctly, they won’t ever forget. Bat grip and perfect contact with the ball become second nature with the Insider Bat.
- PROVIDES INSTANT FEEDBACK - With the Insider Bat, you can only hit the ball one way - the correct way. Refine technique by instantly seeing what is wrong with a swing and correcting it.
- FOR YOUTH PLAYERS AND PRO TRAINERS - For all ages and skill levels, baseball and softball, from little league to the big leagues. Teach a basic swing, or refine a strong one, the Insider Bat does it all.
- COACH’S BEST PRACTICE AID - Keep on hand to fix common problems like rolling the wrist, lack of extension, and casting/sweeping. See more line drives and base hits while perfecting hitting position.
Louisville Slugger 2020 Diva (-11.5) Fastpitch Bat, 28"/16.5 oz
- BARREL: Full alloy engineered specifically for the youth player.
- CONSTRUCTION: One-piece design with performance for a great value.
- SWING WEIGHT: Ultra balanced – light & easy to swing for younger players.
MATEIN Youth Baseball Bag, Softball Bag with Cleats Pocket for Girls, Boys, Adult, Large Baseball Backpack for Men with Fence Hook- Hold 2 Bats, Batting Glove, Helmet, Caps, Teeball Gear
- HOLD ALL BATTING GEARS: The dimensions of baseball bag is 18*13*7.5 inch and capacity is 29L. The baseball bat bag has various pockets for keeping your gears, two side pockets holds bats securely and two water bottles mesh pockets, a spacious main compartment and many functional pockets for helmet, batting mittens, shoes, teeballs and everything you need for winning game
- SHOE COMPARTMENT: External big shoe compartment can separate your baseball shoes from the rest of your equipment free from dirt and mud. Two ventilated hole keep your cleats dry and be ready for the next big game. It's a great baseball bag for youth boys, softball bag for girls, women and also a nice equipment bag for adult, men
- LIGHT WEIGHT & COMFORTABLE: The large baseball bag weighs only 1.2 LB. Comfortable soft back design with thick but soft multi-panel ventilated padding, gives you maximum back support and distribute the weight of shoulder. Breathable and adjustable shoulder straps with mesh fabric and adjustable side compression straps. Large area padded back panel with ventilation design for reducing sweating
- HELMET HOLDER: The front of catcher baseball bag is designed with adjustable and mutipurpose elastic bungee cord holder, stores your batting helmet, catching mittens, baseball cap, etc. to save the room of the main pocket. Unisex and modern look is perfect as a personalized baseball bag for school and college
- HIGH QUALITY: Made of sturdy 600D oxford fabric and polyester, durable zippers, designed for long time using without tearing or ripping, help you through practice, tournaments and night games. Keep your gears ready in all environment. This black softball bat bag can also be the a great Thanks Giving Day Gift, Christmas Gift, Birthday Gift for men, women, teens
Pinty Baseball and Softball Practice Net 7'×7' Portable Hitting Batting Training Net with Carry Bag & Metal Frame + Baseball Softball Batting Tee (Baseball Net with Batting Tee(Red))
- PERSONAL COACH: Our 7'x7' baseball and softball practice net with starting accessory kit is the perfect training aid you need to improve your pitching, batting, and other fundamentals or for teaching the next generation of great players
- UPGRADED BATTING TEE - The tee’s base is made of heavy-duty ⅞” diameter steel topped with a rubber ball stand for minimal swing interference, allowing the batter to feel the ball, not the tee. Adjustable height between 2'4" and 4' hits all areas of the strike zone.
- 16oz WEIGHTED BASEBALL - The 16oz ball (NOT recommended for throwing) is composed of a soft, durable PVC shell weighted with iron sand. This swing trainer provides instant swing feedback, training you to drive through the hitting zone with a powerful follow-through.
- ULTRA PORTABLE / QUICK SET UP - No tools or screws required to set up in as little as 2 minutes. This baseball pop up net truly bats a thousand. It’s lightweight and easy to transport from the backyard to the practice field. If you build it, dingers will come!
- ALL IN ONE COMBO - This ultra-durable baseball/softball training set will have you in midseason form before your first game. Every component is easy to assemble, incredibly lightweight, and can handle years of practice. From tee-ball to the big leagues, it’s the iron horse of portable catch nets.
Franklin Sports Venom Aluminum Official Youth Tee Ball Bat - USA Regulation Approved - Perfect for Soft Core T-Balls - 26 Inch/14 Ounce (-12) White
- USA BASEBALL CERTIFIED - Officially certified to meet the new Little League standards, the Franklin Sports Venom Tee Ball bat is a reliable tee ball bat. Designed for Soft Core Tee Balls, this youth tee ball bat is sure to become a favorite
- STURDY ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION - Nothing makes you prouder than hearing that impressive “POP” from a solid hit. Strong yet lightweight, the aluminum alloy in this tee ball bat is made to perform, swing after swing
- BALANCED WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION - Light yet strong, the Franklin Sports Venom is a leader among tee ball bats for its ability to help kids improve the speed and smoothness of their swing
- IMPROVED HANDLING - The hi-tack perforated grip ensures greater control and handling, even for young hands. Comes in a variety of awesome colors. Officially endorsed USA Baseball tee ball bats with logo. Color of the handle may vary
- GREAT FOR LESSONS - Even when it’s not on the field, this aluminum tee ball bat is the perfect choice for hitting drills and lessons. For an unbeatable kid's tee ball bat, it's a winner
Insider Bat Size 7 and Soft Hit Ball Complete Baseball Softball Batting Practice Kit (1 Bat & 12 Balls)
- The Complete Batting Practice Kit: Includes 1 Insider Bat Size 7 (Ages 12 and Up) & 12 Soft Anywhere Balls
- The Insider Bat is meant to be used with only soft foam balls. The Anywhere Ball is the perfect soft foam ball to use with your Insider Bat
- Both give instant feedback on your swing and allow you to practice safely inside or outside your home
- The Insider Bat emphasizes palm up & palm down hand positioning before, during and after contact with the ball
- When hit correctly the Anywhere Ball will fly straight and round. When miss hit, the ball will pop up or down in an egg shape
Although there are many types of racquets, some are banned due to their improved performance. These bats are determined to be illegal by the Amateur Softball Association of America. Major league softball, played in amusement parks, is made up of different teams; Male, Female, CoEd. Each league has its own bat rules, but most must be approved by the Amateur Softball Association. Many bits can be “tampered” or “playable” in the sense that they are charged, scraped off and / or the end of the cap refers to the addition of a weight that is manually placed on the end of the barrel to distribute excess weight. ..the number at the top. Shaving sticks require the use of a machine to remove the inner walls of the club for increased elasticity. Battles happen because the enemy buys “illegal” bats that are dangerous and dangerous for the opposing team. These three techniques of “create” and “extract” were banned in tournaments, but are still practiced today.
Picking the right bat for youthful players can be a troublesome undertaking, regardless of whether they’re beginning their first softball season, or just picking another bat every year that will uphold their developing bodies. That is the reason we’ve done the exploration for you, and limited it down to the most ideal bat you can purchase for a youthful player dependent on their particular age.
We realize that allowing your youngster the most ideal opportunity of accomplishment during ongoing interaction, so they can feel certain about themselves and partake in the game to its fullest.
Picking a Youth Softball Bat – The Basics
Assuming you need your youngster to dominate at any game, you first need to give them the right gear. For softball players, gear determination is critical in view of the many components in a bat’s plan that sway a player’s style and execution.
Your youngster’s weight, strength, tallness and speed isn’t actually equivalent to their companions. In this way, the best softball bat for them is probably going to be distinctive as well. This is the reason to consider a bat’s synthesis prior to getting it to ensure it’s upgraded for your youngster’s particular requirements.
For instance, delicate ball bats are by and large heavier and take more energy to swing. Considering this, would you say you are picking a bat that is sufficiently lightweight, and intended for youthful players with more modest hands to keep a durable grasp on the bat? Shouldn’t something be said about ensuring the bat you pick is intended to limit bat vibration and hand sting upon the ball’s effect?
Furthermore, if your youngster is simply beginning and doesn’t yet have the certainty to swing with the most extreme exactness and precision, would you say you are picking a bat that is explicitly planned with a bigger “perfect balance”?
Continue to peruse for some supportive tips on picking the best softball bat for your kid’s next game.
1. Take a gander At Recommended Sizes
Head to an outdoor supplies store and you’ll discover an assortment of devices intended to assist you with settling on ideal stuff decisions. Softball size diagrams, for example, are normal in these stores. Simply search for your youngster’s flow stature and weight. Then, at that point, read the suggestion given on the diagram. It’ll give you an appropriate bat length and weight dependent on your youngster’s measurements.
2. Do Some Quick Calculations
You can likewise do your own estimations to track down an ideal bat length. This is in some cases helpful for kids who are outside the normal tallness and weight classes for their age bunch. For instance, your child or little girl may be exceptionally tall for their age.
To play fastball handily, a kid matured 5-7 years needs a bat that is 61 to 66cm long. Children matured 8-9 years should play with a bat that is 66 to 74cm long. For every year after this, add roughly 2.54cm (or one inch) to the ideal bat length.
3. Skill to Shop for Drop
On the off chance that you hear the term ‘drop’ utilized while talking about youth softball, simply realize it alludes to the contrast between a bat’s weight and length. The best softball bat for your kid is, once more, one with a drop that is reasonable for their age range or firmly coordinated to their particular measurements. Ordinarily, kids under ten play better with a more modest drop number (between – 13.5 and – 10).
4. Remember to Pick It Up
It might sound self-evident however you’d be amazed at the number of individuals purchasing softball bats without taking care of them appropriately first. To get the ideal match, ensure your youngster gets an opportunity to contact, convey, and control the bat. Allow them to swing a bit (as long as it’s protected to do as such) and discover how it sits in their grasp.
5. Think about Handle Diameter
While it’s not entirely obvious handle width, it’s really a vital component. It can unquestionably immensely affect how your youngster plays. All softball bats are tightened at the handle end however thickness differs. You might track down a slimmer handle more agreeable for a youngster with more modest, thin wrists. Then again, thickness lessens sway vibrations and lifts speed. Think about a trade off among solace and execution.
6. Track down the Right Material
At long last, we come to what exactly is, maybe, the main component of all – the softball bat’s organization and material cosmetics. There are conventional wooden bats, lightweight amalgam bats a lot produced using composite materials like plug, felt and polyurethane. The right decision for your kid will rely upon what kind of game they play and the guidelines spread out by their group, club, association or association.
Normal Types of Youth Softball Bats
Lightweight Alloy Bats
The most well-known kind of compound bat is the aluminum softball bat. It is lightweight, sensibly solid and modest to purchase. For these three reasons, it keeps on being a well known decision with little leaguers. Perhaps the greatest benefit is they can be played immediately.
Amalgam bats don’t need any ‘breaking in’ or practice play before they’ll perform at an undeniable level. They do, be that as it may, give a more modest ‘perfect balance’ than wooden bats. In this way, it’s somewhat harder to hit strongly and precisely with one of these.
It’s entirely expected to discover youngsters rehearsing with wooden bats yet utilizing combination bats for competitions and cutthroat matches. This is on the grounds that, by and large, they’re slower. Wooden bats are heavier to swing. They can be employed capably yet once in a while as strongly as a metal bat.
It’s the reason a few associations limit players to wooden bats just – the danger of injury to others is diminished. Wooden bats are especially appropriate to slow pitch games and swinging practice at home or out in the recreation center.
There are various sorts of composite bats so try to get your work done and pick an item that suits your kid’s necessities. The benefit to utilizing composite materials is they will in general make even bats.
While thinking about composites, a few unique materials have been utilized to make a bat that is lighter than wood yet more precise than amalgam. The disadvantage is they’re more costly than both of these. They additionally should be ‘broken in’ as a wooden bat does.
Best Softball Bat for 7 Year Old
1. Easton MAKO CXN ZERO 9 Fastpitch Softball Bat
Easton is the world’s leading manufacturer of softball equipment, and the most iconic brand in these sports.
- TCT Thermo Composite Technology – Massive Sweet Spot / Unmatched Bat Speed
- Two-Piece, Fully Composite Construction
- End Loaded Swing Weight – More Mass in the Barrel = Power to All Fields
- Weight Ratio Length: -9
- CXN ZERO Technology – Promotes Supreme Confidence by Eliminating All Vibration
- Accepted for Play in ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA, and ISF
- 9/4“ Barrel Diameter
- Twelve (12) Month Manufacturer’s Warranty
- 1.2 mm Thickness of HYPERSKIN Grip
- Ultra-Thin, 29/32″ Handle
2. Easton MAKO CXN ZERO 10 Fastpitch Softball Bat, 30″/20 oz
- TCT Thermo Composite Technology for an enormous perfect balance and unparalleled bat speed
- CXN ZERO 2-piece Connection Technology designed for zero vibration and extreme execution
- Super dainty 29/32″ handle with all new 1.2mm HYPERSKIN Grip
3. Easton MAKO 11 Fastpitch Softball Bat, 29/32″ oz
- The Easton MAKO 11 elements have a super slim 29/32″ handle.
- All Sports grasp, which makes it simple to deal with and control for youthful players with little hands and a light hold.
- Made from aluminum compound, this bat is both tough enough to withstand hard hits.
- lightweight enough for catching on quickly swing speeds.
4. 2020 Louisville Slugger Omaha
- It relies upon what association you are in, however we think the 2020 Slugger Omaha JBB is the best bat for a 7 year old.
- We like its equilibrium, cost, and barrel size.
- For most 7 year olds, the right size is 27/17″.
Why do we recommend it?
There are a lot of reasons why softball is a very fun game to play. There are various medical advantages you’ll get simply from having a good time while playing softball!
Here are five medical advantages your brain and body will get simply by hitting the jewel consistently.
Absolute Body Conditioning
Softball is a bit of an extraordinary game since it expects competitors to be capable of numerous abilities. Considering this, that additionally implies all spaces of your body should be prepared for anything that might come your direction. Regardless of whether it’s running, handling, swinging, or tossing, they should be facilitated all through various muscle bunches.
Swinging a bat or tossing a softball expects you to have appropriately evolved arm and shoulder muscles so you can keep away from injury. What’s more, albeit swinging a bat utilizes your arms, you produce power in your swing from your lower body and center. Thus, there is in a real sense no muscle bunch left behind with regards to being a fruitful softball player!
The emphasis on softball can get twisted in light of the fact that we regularly become distracted with the things we see – how hard you can toss a ball, how quick you can get to a specific region, and how far you can hit a pitch. This could prompt individuals to imagine that softball players should be solid.
That is totally evident, however they likewise should be adaptable, and explicitly where you’re conceivably feeling tight. It’ll be difficult to arrive at your maximum velocity on the bases with tight hamstrings, and it’ll be difficult to toss as hard as possible (securely) without appropriately extending your shoulder. Expanding your adaptability is an objective you ought to consistently have on the softball field.
Worked on Mental Health
Getting steady exercise isn’t only useful for your body – it’s useful for your brain, as well! Participating in exercises like this will assist with clearing your brain and delivering endorphins you should be fruitful in different parts of life.
Softball is likewise a somewhat essential game. Will the pitcher toss me a fastball in this tally, or something different? How shallow are the defenders playing? It trains you to think basically and imaginatively, alongside working related to mentors and partners to arrive at a shared objective.
Creates Leadership Skills
You probably started playing softball for a specific explanation or reasons at the top of the priority list. It’s improbable that you hit the jewel with the prospect of turning into a pioneer and creating administration abilities that you can move to pretty much any circumstance throughout everyday life.
There is a ton of disappointment remembered for softball – all things considered, the absolute best hitters will bomb seven out of multiple times. Figuring out how to deal with both achievement and disappointment with yourself and your partners is all essential for the interaction.
Setting aside the effort to improve on the field and work toward your objectives will fabricate certainty, lessen your pressure and even make you more impervious to the consistently pressures you might confront. It’s likewise extremely not unexpected to see enduring companionships shaped on the softball field. You young ladies all go through such a great amount all through a season, so there’s a degree of trust shaped that is terribly difficult to break.
Frequently Asked Questions about Baseball Bats for 7 year olds
Q1. What size softball bat should a 7 year old use?
The normal 7 year old should swing a bat that is somewhere in the range of 24″ and 28″. A 27″ bat is the most well-known for this age group. This shouldn’t be utilized as a hard standard, but instead a rule to start estimating a homerun stick for youth players in this age group.
Q2. How do you pick a softball bat for 7 year old kids?
Spot the bat handle at the focal point of your chest and broaden the barrel out toward your fingertips. On the off chance that you can contact the finish of the bat with your fingertips, the bat ought to be a suitable size.
Q3. What size glove does a 7 year old need for softball?
Pre-T-competitors under age 5: 9″ glove
T-ball, ages 5 to 7: 9″ to 11″ glove
Youth baseball, ages 8 to 12: 10″ to 12″ glove
Youth softball, 8 to 12: 10.5″ to 13″
Baseball, ages 13 to 18: 11″ and up
Softball, ages 13 to 18: 11.5″ and up
Baseball, ages more than 18: 11″ and up
Softball, ages more than 18: 11.5″ and up
Q4. What does the left hand throw glove mean?
When purchasing a glove, there are a couple of fundamental terms that must be characterized first. Means the player tosses with their right hand and wears the glove on the left. LHT – Left hand hurler. Means the player tosses with their left hand and wears the glove on the right.
Q5. Which hand do you wear a softball glove?
To keep a player’s predominant hand prepared to recover and toss the ball, softball gloves are intended to be worn on the non-prevailing hand. A player who tosses with the left hand should wear a glove on the right hand.