Choosing the right fastpitch softball bat for a 12-year-old can be a challenging task. The key is to find a bat that is the right weight and length for the player’s size and strength. It is important to consider the player’s height, weight, and skill level when choosing a bat.
One way to determine the right bat size is to measure the player’s height and weight and use a bat size chart to find the appropriate bat length and weight. Another option is to have the player swing different bats to find one that feels comfortable and balanced.
In addition to size and weight, it is important to consider the bat’s material, grip, and barrel size. Alloy and composite bats are popular choices for fastpitch softball, and a bat with a comfortable grip can help prevent slippage during the swing. The barrel size can also affect the player’s hitting ability, with larger barrels providing a larger sweet spot.
Indeed, picking the right one, you should require some purchasing guide just as some fundamental thoughts on fastpitch softball bats. Material, weight drops, size, pop, swing, and rules are the widely recognized components to purchase such a softball bat for 12 years old.
Top 5 Best Softball Bats for 12 Year Old
Those are indeed important factors to consider when selecting a fastpitch softball bat. Material refers to the composition of the bat, such as alloy, composite, or hybrid. Durability is important to ensure the bat lasts through multiple seasons and games. Length and weight drop are crucial in finding the right size bat for the player. Approval refers to whether the bat meets the standards set by governing bodies such as ASA, USSSA, or NCAA. Lastly, color may be a factor for some players or teams, but is not necessarily a key factor in the performance of the bat.
Indeed, with so many options available in the market, it can be challenging to find the perfect bat for a 12-year-old player. It is essential to keep in mind that the bat should be appropriate for the player’s size, strength, and skill level. The best way to find the right bat is to take the player to a sporting goods store and have them swing different bats to see which one feels the most comfortable and gives the best performance. Additionally, considering the player’s league rules, such as barrel size and weight drop, is crucial in selecting the right bat.
Going through the subtleties; first, we show some prestigious fastpitch softball bats for 12 year olds here.
1. RXT X20 Fastpitch Softball Bat (-10)
The RXT X20 is indeed a popular and highly-rated fastpitch softball bat for players of all ages, including 12-year-olds. It is a -10 drop weight bat, which means that the weight is 10 ounces lighter than the length of the bat in inches. This makes it easier for younger players to generate faster bat speed and swing the bat with better control.
The RXT X20 features a three-piece composite construction with a balanced swing weight, making it comfortable to swing and giving players more control over their hits. It also has an innovative vibration reduction system that helps reduce sting on mishits and provides a comfortable grip for players.
Overall, the RXT X20 is a great choice for any 12-year-old player looking for a high-quality and reliable fastpitch softball bat.
- Composite barrel with greatest pop sentiments.
- Springload association framework.
- Two-piece development that further develops feels in contact.
- Swing weight: Adjusted
- HVR1 barrel innovation.
- COPA end covers.
- Agreeable hold.
- Incredibly adjusted.
Weight and Sizes
Various weights and sizes made this bat an exceptional entertainer for this age group and practice meetings. Louisville items are popular for their adaptability and straightforwardness, so mentors and coaches suggest this softball bat a ton.
- Accessible Sizes: 30/20″, 34/24″, 32/22″, 31/21″, 33/23″.
- Weight Drops: – 12, – 10, – 8, – 11, – 9.
Performance and Pop
It’s important to note that while the Louisville Slugger RXT X20 Fastpitch Softball Bat (-10) may be a great option for some 12-year-old players, it’s not the only option out there. It’s always best to consider a player’s individual needs and preferences when choosing a bat. It’s also important to ensure that the bat meets any league or organization regulations.
- Huge loads of estimating alternatives.
- Incredible execution.
- Swings and Lightweight.
- Bunches of association.
- Great execution.
- A bit costly.
- Not so stiff.
- Some like substantial swing, however it is lighter.
The RXT X20 has a particularly critical number of estimating choices; it really is recommendable for each level and each age group except for the principle to some degree certified REC-type player. Who are on the lookout and are anxious to bear its expense, paying little heed to what their level of play ought to research the 2020 LXT. If you like to change swing, a bland pulverize on influence and a significant perfect balance then the RXT X20 is a genuine other option.
2. Easton FP17SF10 Stealth Flex Fastpitch Softball Bat (10)
The Easton FP17SF10 Stealth Flex Fastpitch Softball Bat (10) is an impressive choice for a 12-year-old fastpitch player. The new flex barrel design provides more pop and better performance, while the 2-piece Thermo Composite Technology and CXN ZERO construction reduces vibration and offer a greater balance. The -10 weight drop makes it easier for young players to swing and generate bat speed. This bat is also approved for play in ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA, and ISF. Overall, the Easton FP17SF10 is a great option for young players looking for a high-performance bat.
- Flex versatile barrel pressure for a milder barrel out of the covering
- TCT for unmatched swing speed and an enormous perfect balance
- A decent swing and A super flimsy
- Super thin 29/32″ handle with all-new 1.2mm HYPERSKIN handle
- 2-piece and completely composite
- CXN zero 2-piece Conation Technology intended for outrageous execution or zero vibration
- Certification (98mph): ISA, USSSA, ASA, ISF, NSA, SSUSA
- Much barrel pressure
Weight and Sizes
Generally, for 12-year-olds, it is proposed to utilize (- 10) drop bats. Yet, – 11 likewise can work out in a good way for 12-year young ladies.
- Size: 31″
- Weight: 21 oz
- Drop: – 10
Performance and Pop
Not a loud pop sound yet the ball jumped from the bat. Even no break-in period. The ball bounces off the bat as a matter of course. Moreover, the secured and shown CXN ZERO Technology which relates the barrel to the super thin 29/32″ handle is worked for zero vibration. The CXN ZERO with the flex technology causes it to be so amazing and to feel immaculately changed.
- Makes a cackling sound.
- Great sound and a decent vibe.
- Thermo composite material.
- Adaptable swing while at the same time batting.
- Free delivery
The Easton FP17SF10 Stealth Flex Fastpitch Softball Bat (10) will differentiate from The Stealth Retro (FP16SSR3B) by several different points. This Stealth features TCT while the Retro features IMX Composite material. Likewise, this Stealth features Flex advancement is more execution, better feel and 15% more barrel tension on it thinking about hot out of the covering execution.
3. DeMarini Spryte Fastpitch Bat (-12)
The DeMarini Spryte Fastpitch Bat (-12) is a great option for younger players looking to improve their batting speed and technique. It has a fully composite design and features a Big-D end cap to absorb vibrations upon impact with the ball, as well as additional barrel length to make the barrel more responsive. The D Lite handle provides a smooth swing and better comfort, while the bat’s well-balanced swing weight allows for maximum control through the hitting zone. Overall, the DeMarini Spryte is a solid choice for younger players looking to take their game to the next level.
- Weight Ratio:. – 12
- Superior two-piece plan.
- Youth bat worked with various extraordinary elements that are ordinarily saved for DeMarini’s more world-class grown-up models.
- Accessible in lengths going from 29 crawls to 33″ .
- Composite plan: 100%
- It helps more youthful players center around their batting pace and monitoring to further develop consistency and method prior to continuing on to a stronger bat.
- Barrel Diameter: 2 and 1/4″
- Manufacturer’s guarantee: One year
- Gladly planned, designed, and made here in the United States.
Weight and Sizes
Indeed, The DeMarini 2020 Spryte bat is somewhat new in 2020. Restricted size with great weight.
- Length: 29″ – 33″
- Weight: 17 oz – 21 oz
- Drops: – 12
Performance and Pop
There is no pop so far presented. DeMarini 2020 Spryte fastpitch softball bats(– 12) are worked with a world-class, 2-piece structure including different features that are consistently put aside for DeMarini’s better quality models. Working with a totally composite arrangement empowers more young players to focus on stirring up their batting speed and method, which is fundamental to pro prior to continuing forward to a heavier, further created bat.
- Unrivaled 2-piece plan.
- Available in lengths: 29 deadheads to 33″.
- 100% composite construction.
- D-Lite handles for control through the zone
- Tremendous D end top to ingest unwanted vibrations.
- Costly a little.
- Not stiff enough.
In case you are searching for a light swinging and gigantic zoomed fastpitch bat in the drop 10 or 11 space and spending plan isn’t by and large a bit of an issue, by then, at that point, the 2020 CF will be the best impetus for your money, truly. For the ordinary to the little hitter, the leaf speeds are top-notch, the feel is remarkable and the barrel size huge. For the people who need a more noteworthy swing weight and need to stay in the DeMarini line then the new DeMarini FNX 2020 is the spot you ought to be.
4. Axe Bat Danielle Lawrie L136H Fastpitch Softball Bat (-12)
If you’re searching for a high-performing fastpitch softball bat with a light swing weight and an impressive barrel size, consider the Axe Bat Danielle Lawrie L136H (-12) model. It is a great option for players in the drop 10 or 11 space who are willing to invest a bit more. However, if you’re on a tight budget, this may not be the best choice for you.
For players who prefer a bigger swing weight and want to stick with the DeMarini brand, the 2020 DeMarini FNX is a great alternative. It provides excellent leaf speeds and a great feel, making it an excellent choice for both average and smaller hitters.
- No-Risk 30-Day Challenge!
- Length Weight: – 12
- 9/4″ Inch Barrel Diameter
- High Performing and Durable LP1 Alloy
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: One year
- New HyperWhip Composite End Cap Profile Translates To A Quicker Swing
- One-Piece, Alloy Design
- Authorized Ax Handle For Max Bat Speed, Control, Consistency, and Staying On-Plane Longer
- Swing Weight: Changed
- Asserted by USA Softball ISA, ASA,ISF, USSSA, NSA, NCAA, and NFHS
Weight and Sizes
Similarly to other Ax bats, this bat has a remarkable weight and size.
- Size: 31″
- Weight: 19 oz
- Weight drops: – 12
Pop and Performance
Hatchet Bat 2020 Danielle (- 12) Fastpitch is the most grounded proposition for anyone to look for a bat to lift their game. At the time of eventual or in a certifiable game, It gives historic execution. The one-piece bat has a 12-length to weight extent which overhauls their swing speed.
- Refreshed comfort from the handles, all around expected to fit commonly as the player’s hand.
- It has bat speed and more power that grows the extent of development.
- It has better bat control.
- Its perfect balance is unprecedented.
- A strong proposition for students and intermediates.
- Helpless standpoint.
An assembled hitting zone on it enables the player to further develop execution and durability over a 270-degree contact zone. This bat also widens the length of the barrel for more plate consideration. Therefore, it is a strong idea for more energetic players.
5. Easton SAPPHIRE -12 Fastpitch Softball Bat
The Easton SAPPHIRE Fastpitch Softball Bat (-12) is constructed with military-grade composite material, specifically 7050, to enhance durability and swing speed. Unlike other one-piece bats, this bat offers a comfortable cushioned handle to reduce vibrations. Its large sweet spot allows for improved balance, resulting in powerful hits. Additionally, the bat boasts impressive swing speed and perfect balance for exceptional performance on the field.
- It comes as a one-piece bat for stiffer hits.
- Has a cushioned handle.
- It goes with a military-grade compound 7050 which further develops sturdiness and swing speed.
- Asserted for play by the NSA, USSSA, ISF, ASA, and ISA.
- Has a super slight handle – 29/32.
Weight and Sizes
- Sizes: 28″ – 33″
- Weight: 16oz – 21oz
- Weight drop: – 12
Pop and Performance
The Easton Sapphire is a piece of Easton’s new Diamond Gem course of action. This fastpitch softball bat makes sure to amaze, and not simply considering the way that it’s worked out of 100% 7050 plane grade aluminum composite. The sapphire is incredibly lightweight and easy to manage, with a tremendous perfect balance, so you can hit the ball hard and far unfailingly. Likewise, with its one-piece structure, this bat feels amazingly impressive and has immaterial flex upon the impact of the ball. The Sapphire is moreover pleasing in the hands as a result of its cushioned all-sports handles.
- It is a lighter bat.
- Ideal for force and quick hitters.
- Moderate expense.
- Strong and tough.
- Great swing weight.
- No pop sounds.
Something ideal about compound bats is that players discover the serviceable speed benefits of the things composed together. Its most conspicuous bit of slack over the composite bat is that it is logically solid. The EASTON Sapphire – 12 Fastpitch Softball Bat is made with 7050 military-grade mixes to incorporate that extra durability. In any case, this incorporates some huge traps; the bat needs sufficient pop. So if your age is 12-13, you should endeavor this bat.
1. What size softball bat should a 12-year-old use?
The appropriate size of a softball bat for a 12-year-old depends on their height and weight. Generally, 12-year-old players with a height between 4’6″ and 5′ may use a bat with a length of 30-31 inches and a weight of 18-20 ounces. Players with a height between 5′ and 5’4″ may use a bat with a length of 31-32 inches and a weight of 19-21 ounces. However, these are just general guidelines, and it’s important to ensure that the player feels comfortable and in control when using the bat. It’s also a good idea to consult with a coach or experienced player for personalized recommendations.
2. What weight bat should a 12-year-old use?
The appropriate weight of a softball bat for a 12-year-old varies depending on their physical strength, size, and hitting style. As a general rule of thumb, most 12-year-old players can use a bat with a weight between 18-21 ounces. However, it’s important to consider the player’s physical abilities and personal preference when selecting a bat weight. If the player is on the smaller or weaker side, a lighter bat may be more appropriate. On the other hand, a player with more strength and experience may benefit from a slightly heavier bat. Ultimately, the goal is to select a bat weight that the player can swing with control and speed, enabling them to make solid contact with the ball.
3. Bat weight for 12 year old
The appropriate bat weight for a 12-year-old player can vary depending on their height, weight, and strength. As a general guideline, most 12-year-olds can use a bat that weighs between 18-21 ounces. However, it is important to consider the individual player’s strength and hitting style when selecting a bat weight. A player who is smaller or weaker may benefit from a lighter bat, while a stronger player may prefer a slightly heavier bat. It’s also a good idea to consult with a coach or experienced player for personalized recommendations based on the player’s specific needs and abilities. The goal is to select a bat weight that the player can comfortably swing with control and speed to make solid contact with the ball.
4. How heavy should my bat be?
The appropriate weight of a bat depends on several factors, including the player’s age, size, strength, and hitting style. A general guideline is to choose a bat that is no more than 10% of the player’s body weight. For example, if the player weighs 150 pounds, their bat should not weigh more than 15 ounces.
However, it’s important to note that this is just a general guideline, and some players may feel more comfortable using a bat that is slightly lighter or heavier than this. Ultimately, the goal is to select a bat that the player can comfortably swing with control and speed, enabling them to make solid contact with the ball. It’s a good idea to try out different bat weights to find the one that feels most comfortable and effective for your individual needs.
- Biesen, E. D., & Smith, L. M. (2007). Describing the plastic deformation of aluminium softball bats. Sports Engineering, 10(4), 185–193. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02933570
- Russell, D. W. (2010). Swing Weights of Baseball and Softball Bats. The Physics Teacher, 48(7), 471–474. https://aapt.scitation.org/doi/10.1119/1.3488193
- Smith, L. M. (2008). Progress in measuring the performance of baseball and softball bats. Sports Technology. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19346182.2008.9648486
- Smith, L. M., & Cruz, C. M. (2008). Identifying altered softball bats and their effect on performance. Sports Technology, 1(4–5), 196–201. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19346182.2008.9648473